Pages

Saturday

The Coincidence Meeting At Boscastle Cornwall

Boscastle harbour, Cornwall
This is another personal coincidence and synchronicity story

My wife and I were away on a long weekend break and on the journey home I decided to take a longer scenic route, which took in the north coast of Cornwall. It got to about 11 o'clock and I saw a sign to a well known village called Boscastle.

I asked my wife if she'd like to visit there, so we could have a tea or coffee overlooking the sea. She wasn't too sure but I took the turning anyway and when I got to Boscastle drove into the only car park.

As it was late September the very large car park was virtually empty, so we found a spot right in the middle. As we parked another car stopped directly behind us but three rows back. I looked in my mirror and thought the car looked familiar but thought nothing more of it.

My wife went to the back of our car to make some tea. I looked again in my mirror and remarked to my wife that the man in the car looked like Mick, a friend of some 30 years.

To cut a long story short it was our friend and his wife.

Now they live some 180 miles from where we live and they too, unbeknown to us, had also had a weekend away. They too were on their way home, some 270 miles away. We were on our way home, about 90 miles away.

The strange coincidences were that

(1) They arrived only minutes after us.
(2) They parked directly behind us, when they could have gone anywhere in the big car park. If they had of done we could have easily missed seeing them.
(3) Neither of us knew the other would be anywhere near Boscastle.
(4) As they drove into the car park Mick, and his wife Janet, were talking about coincidences.

So did one of us receive some sort of telepathic message that we should head for Boscastle? Was it purely by chance or an example of synchronicity? Who knows, but we spent a pleasant, unexpected, time together.

As I said, when writing a previous Coincidence or Synchronicity example, I'll look into some of the theories about such happenings in future posts.

Further Reading:
The 16th Century Cottage Coincidence Story
The Coincidence And Synchronicity Story

This post was previously published on my other blog 67 Not Out.

Mike's Cornwall for more photos of Cornwall

6 comments:

  1. I saw this in site meter and came here and thought someone had stolen your posts! Love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my blog, Trish! Just putting my old posts from 67 Not Out here that are purely about Coincidence and Synchronicity. You are my first comment - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing coincidence story Mike. Huh, I'm always second! But better than being last.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very posh mike. that's some coincidence too

    ReplyDelete